Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition 1-5 December 2009

Hotels Combined reservations

No Bus in Langkawi

There are no buses over here in Langkawi. So don't think you can tour around the island cheap fares. The first time I was here, I was also shocked. I can see a lot of bus stop stands and bus stop signs but suprisingly, when my friend told me that there are only school buses !

I thought there need to have buses since there are many tourists and local people who don't have cars or motorbike, but she told me once there used to have a lot but then the bus company went bankrupt. I just laughed when hearing the story. But it's kind of sad to minority local people who travel so far from their home and work in Langkawi but find that it's not easy to move to one place to another. I once found myself so difficult at first and I had to borrow from my company's extra bicycle to move around.

There are a lot of taxis with such an expensive fares. I could walk from my workplace to Pantai Chenang for only 15 minutes but the taxi driver will charge you for RM 7.

It is true if you're staying around Pantai Tengah and Pantai Chenang you don't need a taxi to take you around the place. You can just walk and exercise. But you might want to go to other interesting places like Cable Car, Mahsuri Tomb, Eagle Square and so on, you may need want to hire a car.

Usually travel agents will include a half day tour if you come to Langkawi in a package. But, honestly it's really cost you a lot of money. My suggestion? Why not rent a car. The smallest car and cheapest car you can get is Kancil for RM50/ day. Of course you need to top up the fuel by the end of the day but Kancil saves a lot of fuel.

Alternatively, you may want to rent a scooter for only RM 20/day. It's much cheaper and it's a good transport for sightseeing. You may want to see the kampong (village) scenery, the water buffalos, cows, goats, paddy field and beautiful mountains of Mat Cinchang and Gunung Raya. Plus, you can explore Malay villages with scooter.

There are also bicycle rental for RM10/ day.


Comments

No responses to “No Bus in Langkawi”