Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition 1-5 December 2009

Hotels Combined reservations

Frangipani aka Plumeria

I never have time to explore Langkawi just yet, though I'm already here for like two years, but there are a lot of Plumeria sp. growing beautifully here. The Frangipani Resort & Spa is a four star hotel and it has been named after the flowers. Plumeria sp. can be found at Holliday Villa. There are many interesting colors of frangipani. The common one are the whites. In Peninsular Malaysia, these flowers are not so well-known for they usually grow on the graveyard.

My mother used to scare me when I was little saying, that the flower is a symbol of death and that is why there are a lot of frangipani flowers scattering on graveyards. I was so scared that the fragrance of the flowers lead me to nightmares several times.

In medication, frangipani tea is said to have a cooling effect. It also helps your mind and body to calm, and neutralize your body.

How to Make Frangipani Tea ?
  1. Pluck the flowers.
  2. Let them dry.
  3. Put in a cup and pour hot water onto it.
  4. Let it for 2 minutes and you can just drink the water from it.
No sugar needed. Hot Frangipani Tea is much better than cold one.

Comments

No responses to “Frangipani aka Plumeria”